We are a gathering of those who have found forgiveness and life in Jesus Christ. He welcomes all who come to him seeking the way, the truth, and the life. It is our prayer that all might come to know him and find the true joy of his grace, healing, and hope. Living and growing in faith in community is a joyful (and refining) experience not to be missed. Below are several opportunities to explore.
Ladies Bible Study
During most of the year, there is a Tuesday morning Ladies’ Bible Study. The present study is focusing on the books of Galatians, Ephesians, and Philippians using the “Engage Bible Studies” workbooks. Morning Prayer begins at 9:30am, the Study begins at 10, and the closing prayer time ends about noon. For more information, contact The Rev. Deborah Robbins, Deacon at Christ Anglican: CAFDeacon@comcast.net.
At other times in the year, an evening Women’s study is offered. The most recent Thursday offering was a study of the book Liturgy of the Ordinary by Trish Harrison Warren. Watch this website for announcements of future evening studies.
On the second and fourth Saturday mornings of the month, the men gather for Bible teaching and time together beginning at 8:30am. Currently we gather by Zoom but look forward to returning to our meeting over breakfast sandwiches at the church.
Feeding the Community Poor
Together with volunteer from various churches, a number of Christ Anglican’s members help serve lunch and minister to the needy at the Orange Community Church of Christ on Thursdays
- On Wednesday evenings, 7pm, there is prayer, currently done by Zoom.
- On the first Wednesday of the Month, an Evening Prayer service is held followed by a simple dinner and intercessory prayer. This meeting has been temporarily paused.
- On the second Sunday of the month, there is a healing prayer service at 5:30pm. All are welcome to come and receive prayer for themselves or for others.
- Teaching on Healing Prayer via a video series is offered from time to time during the year.
- Christ Anglican has a group of intercessors who hold needs before the Lord. They pray individually and at various times but in a concerted way for these requests.
Some Church Events at various times are:
- Spring Church Outdoor Service and Picnic (late May/early June)
- Advent Wreath-Making Workshop (November)
- Special Services for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and others.